Thursday, June 17, 2010

Comic-Con CGC!

So one of the best parts of the Philly Comic-Con was the Silver VIP pass I opted in for. It got me a  few CGC graded comics! These are my first, so I'm totally stoked :-D



The first I saw was a Signature Series, White Pages Fantastic Four #547 signed by the late Michael Turner, one of my favorite artists 


Next in line was this White Pages X-Men #175 with Salvador Larroca as the artist


The next I personally got graded because of my love of Michael Turners covers if nothing else.
White Pages Black Panther #25



Bam! My favorite of the Lot! I noticed that Arthur Suydum had a table set up and quite honestly, looked a little bored so I had to get this signed! I went and picked up a copy of this Second Printing Variant #1 and had him drop me a signature!

Plenty of other sweet opportunities I had to pass up on unfortunately. Mark Texiera, Ethan Van Sciver, Khoi Pham, and even Billy Tan were there. I FORGOT all the issues that I've collected over the years from these fine artists :-( 

Nevertheless, I had a decent chat with Khoi and Greg Horn who was there as well. I actually got Greg's Signature on a few things and also picked up 2 prints from him. Khoi even gave me great advice on what I needed to do to make my illustrations have a sharper comicbook appeal! Both dudes are pretty damn awesome.

Lastly, I got to meet Joe Madureira. My comicbook IDOL.The first comicbook I ever picked up was one done by him and his distinct style has always captured my interest. He had an EPIC line on Saturday and I couldn't wait the absurd amount of time to see him. In the end though, I ended up meeting him on Sunday and even getting him to sign a few issues I had. Yet again, I'd forgotten MOST of the issues I own of his, at home. FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment